Meditation Can Benefit Us All!
Science and even mainstream media are beginning to convince meditators, non-meditators, and even companies these days that sitting in silence really is beneficial for our well being - and in the case of companies....the bottom line!
If you're an entrepreneur, a business owner, or just someone who wants to experience more calm and relaxation - and less stress then this article is for you....
5 Ways That Meditation Can Make Better Employees:
- Stress Reduction: Stress is something that most people experience on a daily basis; not just at work, but with everyday life. Stress inhibits productivity and can make a job not very enjoyable. Living with stress on a regular basis can cause health issues including anxiety, stomach ulcers, autoimmune diseases, high blood pressure, heart disease, and depression just to name a few problems. The way that meditation reduces stress is by training your body how to release it. Meditation teaches you how to stay in control of your emotions and tame the “flight or fight response” that is the reason we experience stress. When you stay in control of these instincts and emotions, it prevents you from reacting irrationally, and keeps you healthy and happy too.
- Improve Focus and Concentration: Multitasking has become a part of everyday life, even though our brains are not capable of it. Neurology research has shown that it is impossible for the human brain to multitask. Despite our constant efforts to do two things at once, we are not really doing anything at all; at least not as efficiently as possible. Meditation allows you to concentrate and focus on one thing at a time. Your brain learns to shut out distractions, which increases your efficiency.
- Increases Social Connection and Emotional Intelligence: Your attitude definitely affects your performance at work. Meditation helps you shrug off negative interactions with co-workers and strengthens the emotional connections. For leaders, it helps enhance your ability to lead with compassion. Bill Ford, Executive Chairman of the Ford Motor Company explains how meditation helped him learn to go through his day with compassion.
- Improve Your Creativity: Meditation clears your mind. This can help you be more receptive to new ideas and also doesn’t bog down your brain with multiple ideas. Instead, a clear line of thought and focus helps you solve problems and be more accepting of new ideas while seeing things from a different perspective.
- Improve Your Health: You will notice that each of our 5 benefits of meditation are closely tied into each other, Our first point, about meditation reducing stress, definitely brings in some positive health benefits. However, there are other ways that meditation improves your health. One way to improved health is causing you to simply feel more energy and refreshed when you meditate. Mediation actually slows down aging. Then there are the many ways meditating can help your improve health, including increasing immune function, decreasing pain, and reducing inflammation at a cellular level.
My personal experience is that meditation has slowed my racing thoughts and anxious disposition, and I really notice myself getting into the race when I miss some days.
I feel more grounded, calm, and happier....just a quieter mind when I meditate daily.
If you need to be more calm and relaxed then definitely give meditation a try. There are many apps, YouTube videos or soft music sessions that you can meditate along to.
Try it for just 5 minutes a day at the start and soon you will be noticing how relaxed and non-reactive you really can be!